Reduce, Reuse...

Tally ho, blogketeers! I hope you are all well. I know I am clinging to a quartered potato in my own personal home remodeling/end of school year stew right now, but as I was cleaning up my office in preparation for putting new laminate floors in just five short months after the toilet flood incident, I found an old piece of titleless lovesick screed (a poem) scribbled on a yellow legal pad. I offer its debut here for your perusal. Enjoy!

------------------

3/1/05

So quickly, and yet an eternity
Before something new began.
Sadness lingers like Chopin's fingers
Ghostly upon the keys
Playing notes I cherish
But which echo impossibilities.

And now a newish melody
Distantly enters my heart
At this distance I can't be sure,
But it sounds more like Mozart.

Though I have broken with the past
And want to begin anew
My wittily pirouetting soul still fears
Being messily sawn in two.

--------------------------------------

"I couldn't sleep at all last night..." Bobby Lewis (1961)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Very Sad News

Shredding, Slamming Fun

Unintentionally Arty Photo