36. I don't smoke, but I will keep a pack of cigarettes around the house on occasion, to just spark one up when the urge strikes (once every few months).
37. I sometimes like a puff of a cigar too... just enjoy the smell and taste of the smoke. Maybe I'm part hobbit.
38. I do the above thing partly because I love the smell of a cigarette being lit.
39. Both my parents and two of my grandparents smoked, so maybe that's why.
40. My other grandmother dipped snuff. Yep, powdery brown stuff between the cheek and gum, necessitating intermittent spitting into the sink, a cup carried around, or the nearest corner spittoon.
41. In fact, I often say that if I hadn't been dating a hardcore against smoking person in my formative years, I would be a smoker today. On the upside of that, I won't get emphysema like my mom has. On the downside, I probably would be thinner.
42. I enjoy creme brulee, but not flan.43. I HATE getting in trouble.
44. I understand that if I do not complete the above requirements and fail to appear on the above set court date that a warrant for my arrest may be issued and that I will be liable for the balance of the fine/fees and the violation will be reported as a conviction on my driving record.
45. I am cooking spaghetti as I type this.
46. I learned a spaghetti-cooking tip from the Sopranos, which is: add about a tablespoon of butter and a spoonful of sauce to the drained, cooked noodles and stir, before adding the rest of the sauce to the drained, cooked noodles. It just gives this yummy background creaminess to the whole affair.
47. I'm starting to think that Modest Mouse may be badass for other reasons besides that "Float On" song (in particular for a song called "Heart Cooks Brain").
48. I am a great editor and can be grammatically anal, but I make full use of my poetic license to invent words and such. Flanflapulous, for example. Been saying that sarcastically to myself when I see something that isn't quite fabulous. But nobody knows that but you. See that? I just began a sentence with a conjunction. Let's get off this screeching-on-the-red-hot-tracks train of inconsistency, shall we?
49. I am somewhat deathly pale.
50. However, this year, I have a farmer's tan.
50a. Google Images brought this up under farmer's tan. Farmer Tan perhaps?
51. I possess an ability to just pretend something didn't happen or someone doesn't exist. Auto-denial, it might be named. I dunno.
52. My alignment in life and in most rpgs is chaotic good.
53. On average, I say "I love you" to my pup five or more times a day. Also, I sing to him.
54. I want Ozzy Osbourne's "See You On The Other Side" to be played at my funeral.
55. Cremation's the option I'm 80% sure I want for my mortal coil. When I mention that to my mom though, she bitches at me about it.
56. My first rock concert was Journey, at age 12.
57. I've seen so many dozens of shows since that time that sometimes I can't recall if I saw a particular band or not. Iron Maiden, for example. Just not sure.
58. I am wearing panties with little moons and stars on them today, a promise of the celestial wonders within, I assume.
59. I was just about to wrap this when I remembered that I promised a bizarre meeting of my Deadwood/Meat Loaf obsessions. The other day I purchased a film (on VHS, for $5.55) called Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back. How does this connect with Deadwood, you may ask? The title role of Meat was played by W. Earl Brown, aka Dan Dority on Deadwood. I also managed to purchase 3 other Meat Loaf related items. No, I don't know what's wrong with me.
Aren't all blogs just "X Number of Things About Me?" where X is a variable = to the number of posts?
"The sparkle in your eyes / keeps me alive." -- The Cult