In the grand tradition of many other blogs, I have decided to do one of those "100 things" things. This project commenced during a work training class. However, my brain activity slowed to autonomic functions only for a time, and I didn't quite reach 100, owing to using all my remaining faculties to stave off a boredom-induced torpor. Now, on to the things!!
1. I firmly believe that Meat Loaf rocks. AND, as if that wasn't enough, he's from Dallas, too.
2. I think humans and animals are similar in more ways than commonly suspected. Ditto children and adults.
3. I detest wastes of my time more with each passing moment of my dwindling life.
4. I am over 30, but under 40.
5. Oft times, I do as little as possible.
6. Not too long ago, I nearly got into a fistfight with a brusque, heavyweight cashier woman because I refused to change checkout lanes from express to a regular lane midpurchase. Because I'm heavyweight and brusque too, it might have been a comical battle to watch.
7. I still remember her name.
8. I believe in reincarnation, but I don't think you necessarily have to return to this sector of the multiverse next go round.
9. I average 1 speeding ticket per year.
10. I have taken defensive driving at least 5 times, and have thrown hundreds of dollars down the municipal toilet.
11. I still speed.
12. I am a native Texan.
13. I once worked for AOL as an entertainment writer, and I still have some reviews up online.
14. I piss away money on serial speeding offenses while pretending it doesn't matter, yet I won't pay more than $2.99 for a 12-pack of Coke.
15. My love of country music and all things cowboy (including slight habits of demeanor in certain men I find sexy) has increased dramatically in recent years.
16. I mentally keep score. For example, if I've been working a lot of overtime, I don't feel bad calling in sick one day, because I'm ahead. But if I came in late last week, I'm behind, so I can't. It's all about give and take, see?
17. In the world at large, I am above average in geekness (IQ, computer knowledge, D&D games played, number of fantasy novels read), but among people I know, I'm at the low end of the spectrum.
18. I sing in my car.
19. I can do a believable British accent.
20. I'm a pseudo-Buddhist.
21. I think that sometimes, there's nothing for it but another vodka cherry sour.
22. The more I drink, the more I sing.
23. I am a no class, deep down fool. And I will always be that way. No wait, file that under things about Rivers Cuomo.
24. I waver between snobbery and vulgarity a good deal of the time.
25. Last month, I turned my hair green. It was supposed to be Ash Blonde. This took an entire day to fix. AND I had a date that night. So in hair color box-speak, ash = green.
26. Even though my mom is a beautician, I cut my own hair.
27. I would relish the opportunity to live as a rock star for 1 week, especially if it involved a sexual encounter with Trent Reznor.
28. My love of all songs Radiohead has increased in the past month ("there are 2 colours in my head").
29. I cannot eat fewer than 4 Keebler Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies at a time.
30. I have had to leave the room when an old person was speaking before, because something about their way of speaking sometimes cracks me up a LOT.
31. I've been camping alone before, in Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
32. While there, I almost stepped on a water moccasin.
33. I have never mastered the art of the pullup.
34. I once wrote a shitty song.
35. I have sung "Closing Time" as the karaoke bar was closing on more than one occasion.
That's quite enough for now, I think. Thanks for reading! :)