Mum's the Word.

  
I've never been a mother
In the societally accepted manner.
And yet, 
I've born lots of things, borne others,
Taking in seed, growing, passing it out and unto
Acting as surrogate when others faltered
Cooperatively shaping smooth new marble into model citizens
Nuzzled even animals through their whole life cycle

Earth goddess written on even my deceptive flesh
Too abundant and myriad, ugly, nurturing, not sleek, yet providing
Sustenance of hungry souls.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry." - Pink Floyd


Comments

Quillboy1 said…
Hey this was awesome! Ur catching up I wrote another poem/song lyric/whatever just recently. I really liked this, keep writing! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Very Sad News

State Review: Arizona

Unintentionally Arty Photo