Another, far better eee-stwar


If you just want to experience New Orleans without all the sweating and beignets and staggering and hurricanes, read this:

A Confederacy of Dunces

There's a statue of Ignatius Reilly in the French Quarter somewhere, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't see it.

A movie might be made at some point, but, I guarantee you, it will be a gossamer shadow of this book's greatness.

Read it.

Even if only for the pale purpose of saying you've read a Pulitzer prizewinning fiction.

Suffocate yourself laughing, slobber everywhere crying.

Just read it.

Trust me.

Comments

Violet said…
Looks interesting. I'll promptly order it from Amazon.com and get back with my book report soon.
V said…
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! If I can get one person to read A Confederacy of Dunces, this blog is not in vain.
Anonymous said…
I've never read it...and now I have to...

I am both annoyed, and happy... ;)

Steve~
V said…
YES YES YES Come one come all to the majesty (sadly, deceased) that is John Kennedy Toole. I read this because a prof of mine in a writing class compared my stuff to his. I don't see the resemblance, though. His stuff is GOOD.

Do it, Steve. No regrets, I swear.

Would that he could go commercial, Lance. :....(
Gary said…
I have spent a weekend in New orleans in Early June, and walking around the quarter was unbelievably hot and humid. I live in Houston, so I should be used to it, but I think New Orleans is definately worse.
V said…
We had some lucky days, Gary, but mostly it was change your clothes 3X per day level sweating.

Popular posts from this blog

Very Sad News

Unintentionally Arty Photo

Shredding, Slamming Fun