Thursday, October 12, 2006

Another, far better eee-stwar


If you just want to experience New Orleans without all the sweating and beignets and staggering and hurricanes, read this:

A Confederacy of Dunces

There's a statue of Ignatius Reilly in the French Quarter somewhere, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't see it.

A movie might be made at some point, but, I guarantee you, it will be a gossamer shadow of this book's greatness.

Read it.

Even if only for the pale purpose of saying you've read a Pulitzer prizewinning fiction.

Suffocate yourself laughing, slobber everywhere crying.

Just read it.

Trust me.

7 comments:

Violet said...

Looks interesting. I'll promptly order it from Amazon.com and get back with my book report soon.

Ari said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! If I can get one person to read A Confederacy of Dunces, this blog is not in vain.

Anonymous said...

I've never read it...and now I have to...

I am both annoyed, and happy... ;)

Steve~

Lance Manion said...

Yeah, well I read it before he went all commercial and shit.

Ari said...

YES YES YES Come one come all to the majesty (sadly, deceased) that is John Kennedy Toole. I read this because a prof of mine in a writing class compared my stuff to his. I don't see the resemblance, though. His stuff is GOOD.

Do it, Steve. No regrets, I swear.

Would that he could go commercial, Lance. :....(

Gary said...

I have spent a weekend in New orleans in Early June, and walking around the quarter was unbelievably hot and humid. I live in Houston, so I should be used to it, but I think New Orleans is definately worse.

Ari said...

We had some lucky days, Gary, but mostly it was change your clothes 3X per day level sweating.

Add to Technorati Favorites