Yesterday I had to videotape myself for a school assignment.
Rather than the intended purpose of causing me to reflect upon my professional skills, it rather drove me into a blizzard of self-deprecation regarding my physical appearance, demeanor, and romantic prospects.
1) I exude no sex appeal whatever, in the absence of cantilevered* physical attributes.
2) I'm not that hot a dresser, most days.
3) I should really not push my hair behind my ears like that.
4) The thought, "Oh. Wow. Who would want to mate with that?"
So, legions of manhood who are neither elbowing nor jousting one another in a frenzied rush for my attentions, I forgive you.
Now I understand.
* - "cantilevered" used courtesy of Margaret Atwood, The Edible Woman