Friday, April 15, 2005

Only in a Texas Liquor Store

Agape at the selection of vodkas at the Centennial package store in a rather seedy part of town, I stood wavering between Grey Goose and Boru, when up sauntered a 6'5" Sam Elliot lookalike in a black fringed leather cowboy jacket, black boots and a grey Stetson.

"Buy the cheap stuff, darlin'," he drawled. "It all works the same." And with that, he grabbed a bottle of Stoli off the middling shelf, paid, and for all I know, saddled up and rode away.


7 comments:

Julie said...

wow, that is like a commercial. And he didn't buy the cheap stuff either! I love grey goose or ketel one myself for the martini's, the cheap stuff for the rest - but I'm on the wagon for now,, boo hoo... til all my depressive symptoms go away, and that makes sense. That is a cool story!!

Tiamat said...

Only in Texaz... :)

Latigo Flint said...

That's awesome Ari. You know, in a perfect world we would all get to meet a straight talkin' Sam Elliot lookalike at least once a day.

(Hey, did I ever tell you about the time I took the last beer in Sam Elliot's fridge? I think it was November 9th.)

The G-man said...

Ari, thanks for stopping over at the Fishwrapper. You left some great comments, which are appreciated, as is the link.

I enjoy your site.

8ZERO8 said...

Buy the cheap stuff, then run it through a Britta water filter a few times. Check this out:

http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/wordpress/index.php?p=4

It also works with tequilla.

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

You sure that wasn't Latigo talking to you?

Ari said...

Reasonably sure, Bug, but then one can never be certain.

Add to Technorati Favorites